The Education Department at the Whitney Museum of American art seeks a Interpretive Resources and New Media intern for winter 2009/2010.
This intern will:
Assist with digital media projects including interpretive materials, audio, video, and web content for public audiences, families, kids, youth, and teachers. Responsibilities will include research, compiling
information, writing, preparation and formatting of web content, data entry, photography, and video.
- Assist with research and production of interpretive materials and content for onsite and online access.
- Assist with research and preparation of web content for K-12 educators and students.
- Compile resources about selected artists to be included on the site.
- Assist with preparation of content for the Collection web pages.
- Brainstorm and write outlines for curriculum activities that align with state and national learning standards in multiple subject areas.
- Enter information into wiki and/or database.
- Assist with preparation and transfer of educational content to whitney.org website, Itunes U, and other web-based applications.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented and possess excellent research skills, experience with digital equipment such as audio recorders and digital video cameras, Experience with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro is preferred.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please submit resume and cover letter to Dina_Helal@whitney.org. While schedule is flexible, candidate should be available at least 2 days a
week, Monday through Friday.