Faculty member Grahame Weinbren has programmed "Image Machines" at Anthology Film Archives.
The screening celebrates the publication of Millennium Film Journal No. 64 “Image Machines.”
The program consists of 16mm and digital video films, featuring “Serpentine” by Stephanie Wuertz, and five short films by experienced and lesser known filmmakers from the United States, Germany and Sweden. Many were included in 2016 international film festivals and are rarely, if ever, seen in NY. Some filmmakers and writers will be present.
• Christoph Girardet SYNTHESIS (Germany, 2015, 8 min)
• Nina Yuen NARCISSUS (U.S., 2016, 10 min)
• Richard Dinter SNOW / SNÖ (Sweden, 2016, 10 min)
• Bill Morrison THE DOCKWORKER’S DREAM (U.S./Portugal, 2016, 18 min)
• Clemens von Wedemeyer THE HORSES OF A CAVALRY CAPTAIN / DIE PFERDE DES RITTMEISTERS (Germany, 2015, 10 min)
• Stephanie Wuertz's SERPENTINE (U.S., 2014, 27 min)
Reviews and discussions of these works, including Scott MacDonald's in-depth interview with filmmaker Bill Morrison, are included in Millennium Film Journal No. 64.